How to Avoid Amazon Instant Video Crashing Problem
Amazon Instant Video program is used to watch movies in offline mode which you have already purchased from Amazon. It is freely available at App Store for the iPhone & iPad users.
Recently, many complaints were received about this program crashing during its normal usage. This article will illustrate number of solutions to avoid Amazon Instant Video crashing problem.
- Install xCon
- Reset Network Adapter
- Check re-downloading or downloading a different video
- Make sure you have full network
- Quit background Tasks
xCon is basically a collaborative project aimed to patch applications on a per-app basis. Use it to avoid Amazon Instant Video crashing problem as below:
- Open Cydia
- Go to the Search panel.
- Click the Search bar.
- In the Search box type xCon and start the search.
- Click the Install button.
- Follow your screen instructions.
Your problem can be fixed by resetting the network adapter. Do the steps given below:
- First unplug your adapter or Ethernet cable, wait for a minute or two and then plug-it-back.
- Go to TiVo Central | Messages & Settings.
- Select Settings | Phone & Network.
- Follow the instructions on your screen.
- Press SELECT when you see Get IP Address Automatically from DHCP.
Check Re-Downloading or Downloading a Different Video
There can be some problem with the video itself. If it is a paid video remove it and try re-downloading it again. Else, download a different video and reboot the TiVo box. It will avoid Amazon Instant Video crashing problem.
Make sure you have Full Network
If the crashes are experienced when you’re online then make sure you have full network. It is common to experience crashes due to network related issues. Test your network connection as below:
- Open TiVo Central.
- Select Messages & Settings | Settings.
- Select Network & Phone | View Network Diagnostics | TiVo Service Connection.
Note: For some devices the TiVo Service Connection option can appear as Test Internet Connection.
Quit Background Tasks
Are you multitasking? Close all other tasks that are running on your iPhone or iPad to avoid Amazon Instant Video crashing problem. There is a possibility of problems relating to memory allocations.