Crysis 3 is a very famous first-person shooter game.
The game was developed by Crytek UK and is part 3 of the extremely popular Crysis series. The platforms for the game are Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. An ably equipped computer system is always required for playing Crysis 3 at a good frame rate, because the developers keep on rolling out updates on a regular basis. If the system is not well equipped, then there will be issues like lags, freezing and occasional crashes etc. However, if you’re facing these issues even though you possess a decent enough computer system equipped with all the requisite hardware specifications, then this article will help you find your way out of this mess.
Certain software programs can make a huge difference in terms of facilitating the game to run at it’s optimum best. One such good example is RegInOut System Utilities. It has all the features that enable to speed up the computer and make it perform at it’s most efficient levels. It also contains a Game Boost feature that is specifically designed to fine tune the system and do away with the possibilities of any lag, crash or freeze while you’re playing Crysis 3, provided your computer system meets the following minimum requirements:
- Dual Core CPU
- 3 GB system memory
- DirectX 11/12
- Nvidia GTS 450 / AMD Radeon / Intel HD Graphics 3000
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010
Let’s move on to the solutions now.
Programs that make use of special multimedia effects such as games and active Web pages use DirectX. The games developed in today’s era age are generally 3D in nature and involve the usage of intense graphics. In order to ensure a seamless gaming experience, you must keep the version of DirectX installed in your computer updated at all times. The steps for downloading and installing DirectX are as follows.
- Visiting the following URL:
- Click on Download to begin downloading the setup file.
- Now execute the setup file to install DirectX 11.
- Once the installation is over, restart your PC in order for the changes to take effect.
Solution 2: Updating the Graphic Driver
Since Crysis 3 makes use of the latest technology, it should be complemented with an up-to-date Graphics Card driver.
- Open the start menu.
- Search for dxdiag and open it from the Search Results.
- Go to the Display tab to check the Name under the Device heading. It will show the currently active Graphic Card.
- Once you’ve determined the manufacturer’s name, visit one of the links given below (as applicable) to download the updated driver.
- Install the driver and restart the system.
Solution 3: Keeping Windows up-to-date
To make use of the latest advancement and technologies, softwares programs should be updated on a regular basis. In Windows 10, the following steps can be performed to update.
- Open the start menu and search for Check for updates.
- Click the Windows Update button to launch the wizard.
- Click Download button to start the process. However, please note that this step is only required if you’ve disabled the Automatic Update option because if it is turned on, it regularly checks for, downloads and installs any updates as soon as they are made available.
Solution 4: Installing Visual C++ 2010
Crysis 3 requires runtime files in the form of Visual C++ 2010. If these files aren’t available to the system, the system will fail to launch the game. Follow these steps to download and install Visual C++ 2010.
- Visit the following link (as applicable):
https://www.microsoft.com/en-my/download/details.aspx?id=5555 (For 32-bit Windows versions)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-my/download/details.aspx?id=14632 (For 64-bit Windows versions)
- Select language and click on Download.
- Install both DirectX and Visual C++ 2010 and restart the system so the changes can take effect properly.